Friday, March 03, 2006

The Face of Jesus...

...Would I recognize him if I saw him? Would I smile or look away? I thought about it this morning, How important is it for me to be close to someone and know what they look like, I'm such a visual person. When I really care about someone I burn their image into their mind, I know their expressions, I know what they look like when their happy, sad, excited, surprised, angry, and frustrated.

Then I started thinking, well, what if I were blind, wouldn't I still be able to know my close friends without being able to see them? I would hear them, feel their prescence maybe. Then I had to think, do I know Jesus intimatley enough that I would know him simply by his presence. I know that I can recognize his presence in prayer and in worship and when I'm having alone time with him but if he were walking down the street in physical form would I know him merely because I felt his presence and if I could audibly hear him speak would I say, "I know that voice, that's the voice of my Father." Would I cower in fear and feel completley unworthy of him or run to him and fall at his feet?

I long to know my Jesus more intimatley, I long to have his image burned into my heart and my mind. He knows each strand of hair on my head, how well do I know him?

1 comment:

David Green said...

Philippians 4:8, baby.