Thursday, March 16, 2006

Today

Do you ever think, "today is a throw away day"? What constitutes as a "throw away day"? If one bad thing happens? If you don't feel good, or happy? Does it mean that the day was wasted and meaningless or does it just mean that you wish it had gone better? What happens if you impact someone's life on one of your "throw away days" and you find out later? Would you still consider it a "throw away day"?

There is a song called "I'm gonna live for today". One of the lines in the song is "I'm gonna set my mind on the here and the now". I want to live like that, I want to make every moment a "keeper". There shouldn't ever have to be a "throw away day", sure there are things that are going to happen in our days that we would like not to happen or things that we would like to happen but we can't let that make any moment feel like it was wasted. Every second, every minute, every day we are learning. Every move we make, every choice we make, we learn.

Another line says "making every moment count and counting every single blessing". I'd like to make the point that every moment is a blessing, even if it doen't feel like it, we have been put here for a reason and we can seek to make it a "keeper" day. I know that when I'm in a bad mood or don't feel well that is the last thing I want to hear but I think it is good (especially for me) to remember that it doesn't have to be a"throw away day". Don't settle for a "throw away day".

(even if there is a blizzard outside and it's the day before St.Patty's day)

1 comment:

David Green said...

Stop getting such crap weather! And move to North Carolina immediately.