Monday, November 19, 2007

Sweet Potato's and pumpkin pie!

I'm so excited for thanksgiving and to cook and bake and feed people wonderful yummy food! I can't wait!

So my new job is going pretty well. I'm learning what I can and can't do. It kind of stinks because I'm used to being pretty independent but there are some things that are not worth hurting me or my baby. I'm only working a few days a week for 4 hours a day but it's nice to get out of the house and be social and I love helping people get ideas to decorate their house. I was super blessed by an experience today.

This elderly gentleman came into the store and was very polite and asked me if I could help him for a while. Of course I said yes because that was my job. I wasn't thinking anything of it because people ask questions all the time and don't seem very appreciative of it but this was different. He asked me about a few pieces of bedroom furniture and told me that it was just for him because he was a widower. So I went around with him after finding out his tastes and his needs and found him a bed, a dresser, a night stand, and a side board all for $1,000. He was so happy and it felt so good to help him. He was one of the sweetest old guys I've ever met and I hope he comes back because those are the kind of people I love helping.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Those are the best kinds of customers:) Hopefully he'll come back:) I'm sure he'll remember you:)