Monday, November 05, 2007

San Luis Obispo and One year of marriage...


So we stayed on Friday night with our friend Bobby and Jenna, it was so cool to be able to see them and hang out for a while. In the morning I made french toast with texas toast, it was so yummy. I love making meals for a lot of people...4 1/2 people is a lot to me;). And then Bobby and Jenna took us to downtown San Luis and we got to walk around, I was so happy it was absolutely beautiful, it reminded me a lot of Evanston. Of course it was a college town, maybe that's what all college towns are like, who knows? I did a lot of walking so I'm very sore still...but it was worth it. The weather was amazing, it was cool and then as it warmed up there was a little humidity followed by a cool breeze, it was like natures air conditioning. It was so cool.

After my plea for some caffeine we came across a starbucks and Alex agreed to feed my craving;). And then we walked around until we were about to drop and came across the coolest ice cream place. You get a cup, fill it with soft serve and then fill it with all the toppings you desire and they charge by ounce, so two huge cups of ice cream with toppings were like $6. Pretty sweet!

So then time comes for us to check in to our fabulous Apple Farm Inn and we get there and I am just like a little kid in a candy store, outside has giant toy soldiers and over sized Christmas ornaments hanging from the roof and it was all just beautifully decorated and very homey. When we walked into the Lobby, there was coffee, iced water with lemon, and cider, and a big bowl of apples just waiting to be taken. We checked in and they informed us we were just in time for the welcome reception out in the garden. We walked out to the garden and the offered us wine, apple cider, and hor'derves. It was loveley, I think we were too excited at this point to think about taking pictures but we did get pictures of our room. Thanks Alex!

The room was super nice but the decorating was a little on the cheesy side, ginham with floral, matching wallpaper to curtains...need I say more. But it was comfortable and perfect. I mean come on, they didn't have me decorate;). We had a King size canopy bed and the canopy was like foot from the bed so I felt a little claustrophobic. There was a besket of sparkling cider and chocolates which was so cute. And there was a cute little seating area next to the window with a real window seat. And last but not least, this amazing fireplace at the foot of the bed. With a light switch to turn it on. It was very romantic and we loved it.


We had dinner at the hotel restaurant, which was a little out of our budget but the food was delicious and the atmosphere was perfect. I saved giving my present to Alex till we were at dinner and it was great, he got all choked up, it truly was the most romantic dinner ever. After dinner I was very coy and thought how cool it would be to surprise him by taking him somewhere and singing to him since he sang to me when he proposed, well I didn't get a hold of the bar so I just decided to take him there anyway, under pretenses of he needed an after dinner drink.;). We showed up and he saw it was a karaoke place!

I ended up singing I can't take my eyes off of you and then he sang Your Song (Elton John) and then we both went up and sang You're the one that I want. We had a lot of fun. We got back late last night and crawled into bed with sweet dreams of Apple Farms with no Apple trees...;).

4 comments:

Alex said...

San Luis Obispo for the win!

PS - her present was one of our engagement pictures with the meanings of our names next to each of us - so cool! Way to be a Photoshop queen babes! :)

Kristen said...

Aww, it sounds like you guys had a really neat weekend:) Yay for little vacations!

David Green said...

Sounds like you had a great time!

Now look what you've done...you guys have already have me planning/scheming for my own one year anniversary 8 months from now!

Jenna said...

We had a lot of fun too! So glad you shared your 1st Ann. with us! Love you guys!