Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I miss snow...

Among other things. I was just reminiscing about last year, Alex and I got our first Christmas tree, which turned to be a bit of a headache but it was so beautiful and smelt wonderful. We also had the joy/pain of having a lot of snow. Scraping our windshield, defrosting our cars, making snow angels, wearing scarves and gloves. I got to drop Alex off at the train everyday and the street was always lined in twinkle lights and lovely Christmas Ornaments, houses with nativity scenes and snowmen and over sized candy canes and enjoying my peppermint mocha that warmed me up on the inside. I realized how much I'm gonna miss that this year, and even if we had the money we couldn't fly back to IL for a little bit of Christmas charm and the beautiful display on Michigan Ave, also known as the Magnificent mile. Considering I will be almost 8 months pregnant at Christmas!But we do have places that snow and as soon as we can we will drive up and enjoy some snow, put on a scarf and some gloves and my snow boots and enjoy one God's most beautiful and extravagant creations. I am not one for a beachy Christmas, I think it's a shame to not need a coat during the winter months. But alas, I am here, I will try to make the best of it. This is my second Christmas with my husband and I know it will be as magical as our first.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...just like the ones I've never known...