Thursday, November 08, 2007

New Job? We'll see...

So, yesterday I had a job interview that went well but I don't feel like it's a good fit, they want someone long term and I am not looking for a career right now. So Alex and I went to dinner last night and decided to stop in at the mall and went into Bombay (which is almost the same as Zgallerie) on the front door there was a help wanted sign. But then when we walked in there where big "going out of business" signs. So I decided to ask one of the salespeople, who turned out to be one of the managers, she said they were hiring but they were also closing but not until January so they need holiday help. She asked me to fill out an application right there and I told her about my stint at Zgallerie and she asked me to come in for an interview today!

I'm kind of excited for this, and I'll tell you why. There are multiple reasons this gives me warm fuzzies. #1 It's almost a shoe in that I'll get the job because of all my experience at Zgallerie. #2 With me missing all of the Holiday goodness of IL it will actually be nice to work in a mall during the holiday with all the Christmas music and decorations. #3 You all know how much I loved Zgallerie, it was like a second home to me. I'll be having flashbacks, lol. #4 The streets outside the mall are already covered in twinkle lights and the smell of fireplaces and it actually feels like winter so that will be nice and just what I need. #5 It will give me something to do to occupy my time while waiting for this little one;).

And those are my reasons, so my interview is today at 2:00pm. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Alex said...

You go baby!

Kristen said...

Yay! Good luck on that interview, even though it doesn't sound like you'll need much luck;) Let me know how it goes!:-D
Aw, wait...does this mean you won't be home to chat with me all day? What'll I do?!:'(;)

Julie said...

Lots and lots of good luck being wished to you... I hope you get it because it sounds like a perfect fit.