Tuesday, April 25, 2006

You've Proven you're point...

Once again, God has proven to me that I can't do anything by my own strength...

So, my boyfriend and I are both going through a really tough time and could both use a lot of prayer. I'm starting to realize that no matter how much healing I go through and how much I want a healthy relationship, I'm still not the perfect girlfriend, heck I'm not perfect period. Our longing to do things right is good because it carries us to the cross, but we have to realize that unless we actually admit and accept that we can't do it without the cross then we are going to drop our mask one day and it will be devastating to realize that we are not perfect and that others can see that as well.

I deal with the thoughts of letting people down if they know that I'm not always together, if Kathy doesn't have a smile on her face, we don't want to be around her. I'm trying to work this all out. I don't have anything profound to share. I don't have any words of wisdom. I'm just bringing my stuff to the table.

Growing up, the scariest thought to me was when they said at church, "all of your sins will be revealed one day." If that thought scares you like it did me. Start now. Share them with someone you trust. Start with a leader in the church or someone who won't judge you. Putting all this out there really helps me because now anyone who has internet access has the ability to see my weakness. But they also have the ability to see God come into my weakness and work some pretty amazing miracles.

My doubting Thomas syndrome has come to it's full circle, I have felt with my fingers. I believe! God is faithful, he will provide. No matter how screwed up we feel, no matter how much we think our circumstance sucks, he is in the midst of it and all you have to do is invite him into your mess.

Peace be with you.

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think on these things." - Philippians 4:8

1 comment:

Alex said...

Well, we are doing things right. We've followed God's outline for our relationship and we can take pride in that. It doesn't mean we're going to get the ending we want, but we won't have any regrets about the way we went about it. I never expected perfection, although I know what it's like to expect perfection from yourself.

Your sins are no longer. There's nothing to reveal, God's forgiven them and they are no more. The only one that remembers our wrongs are ourselves, and the enemy wants to keep reminding us of our past wrongs so we are overcome by shame and afraid to open ourselves up.

I love you and I'm here for you, good times and bad.