Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Listed below are 25 things that were true of me five years ago but that are no longer true. These aren't meant to be good or bad, just a sampling of how my life has changed. And they are all surface-level and meant to be fun. Feel free to post yours in the comments. If you post them on your blog, please leave a link to it in the comments to this post.

1. I worked at an ice cream shop and a fabric store
2. I went to church but Jesus wasn't considered a friend yet.
3. I could stay up till all hours of the morning and not pay for it the next day.
4. I was in an unhealthy relationship
5. I lived in California
6. I watched TV-especially Pokemon...
7. I was subjected to way too much punk music
8. I had no vision or dreams for my life
9. I had short hair
10. I didn't even know what taxes were.
11. I wasted hours of my life doing nothing
12. I didn't know how to play any musical instruments
13. I ate macaroni and cheese
14. I was dissatisfied with my life
15. All I wore was flip flops
16. I had never experienced a white Christmas
17. I had never been to Chicago
18. I slept in a twin bed
19. I smoked
20. I listened to a lot of Sara Vaughn
21. I didn't cook
22. I had a scottie dog named charli
23. I didn't own a "winter coat"
24. I had never eaten Thai food
25. I didn't know my potential.

3 comments:

David Green said...

Also-
1) You had never eaten at Noodles
2) You had never done karoake at a random Korean place in Chicago
3) You hadn't met Michael W. Smith/Keanu Reeves

The Dobbers said...

1. I didn't get to work with Kathy!
2. I didn't live in E-town!
3. I wasn't a Living Waters wife.
4. I hadn't been to Maui.

Alex said...

1) I didn't know Kathy Freeman
2) I wasn't in love
3) I wasn't a cheesy person (no really!)