Tuesday, April 04, 2006

"Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart...Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life."--Steve Jobs, June 2005 @ Stanford

This quote right here is why I live like I do. Yes I want to have a family, yes I want to have security, but we are called to something higher than all of these things. I have nothing to lose as long as I'm seeking God in everything I do. This is why I had no fear about moving 2000 miles at 19 with two suitcase in hand and less than $400 to my name. If we don't step out of our comfort zones and follow God's calling to something bigger than ourselves, this world, then what are we living for? Gain? I don't think so. What can we gain if we don't take risk? Mediocrity.

You feel that restlessness? Do feel something stirring inside you? Follow it. Go. Even if it's takes only to the house down the street, to another city, state, or even country. Go. Even if it's only to the grocery store, God is here to change people's lives and he wants to use us. It can be at the train station, it can be at the pulpit, it can be in your office or at home. He wants to use you. He wants more for you than you can hope for. Go.

We are here for only a short time. I don't know about you but I don't want to wait till my kids are in college before I let God use me. I want to do it now! I want the best that God has for me and I'm willing to be uncomfortable or even experience some growing pains to be able to enjoy it to the fullest. I want to be rich in Christ.

-"Let the poor man say I am rich in him"

4 comments:

David Green said...

Amen sista!

...and that is why I find myself in NC. But I sense not forever. There is another calling on my life...

Kathy B. said...

Yeah for china!

Stephanie Fosnight Regester said...

Nice pic, David Green!

David Green said...

Please blog me somthing new so I can comment on it.