Thursday, January 19, 2006


These are Stargazer Lillies. They are my favorite flower. I read somewhere that lillies imply purity of heart. What stands out to me is that they seem like an exotic flower and it is difficult for me to grasp "purity" and "exotic" going together. My name means "pure". Purity is something that has been very huge on my heart my entire life. I've messed up numerous times and lost my purity at times but God has restored it to me. He has made me pure at heart again. My heart is to keep that intact. It is a gift. A gift I don't deserve.

The negetive thing about these flowers is that they are so fragile, they can wither up so quickly, they fade and lose their beauty, but I believe the purity they stand for can stay intact. That is just a little tid bit of hope and joy and freedom that God has graciously given to me. I hope it gives hope to anyone else who would need it.

Read Passion and Purity by Elizabeth Elliot

2 comments:

KristinMM said...

I love what you said about these flowers, in that they stand for purity, however can also be seen as exotic. I took the initiative to look up the word, exotic, in the thesaurus, and see what other words it would give me. To my surprise acually, here's a list of some of the words it came up with in relation to exotic: fascinating, romantic, unusual, mysterious, different, and wondrous.

Then I went on to think, if God was able to use these simple but wondrous flowers to touch a heart, reveal a part of His beauty, and teach a lesson; how much more He can, and will use His more complex creations, that is His very own children, who have been made pure in His sight, and may also be considered "exotic"!

Kathy B. said...

Man, Kristin, you totally hit it right on.
That is so encouraging to me, someone had a word for me that I was an exotic flower and instead of liking the idea, I felt shame about it. The word that sticks out to me is wondrous because that is a word that I would use to describe God. I'm humbled now by thought of being an exotic flower and extremley exited to have God use me as one.

Thanks girlie!