Friday, January 06, 2006


Love...Hmmm...

I've heard quite a few women recently tell me that the they are passionate about healthy relationship's. Those woman all had one thing in common, they were already married.

I was pondering over this fact the other day and asked the question, is this only something accessible after I'm married? The answer is No.

My ministry is about pursuing wholeness and freedom in relationships, isn't that the same thing? I realize everytime the subject comes up, I get out my soap box.

So, I would love to start a discussion on this topic. Please feel free to add any glimmers of wisdom or questions or concerns you have. After all, this is something I'm very,very passionate about.

2 comments:

Mandamarie said...

Excellent topic of discussion, K-Rock.

I think one thing that muddles this issue is the fact that in our contemporary culture the word "relationship" has taken on a strong connotation of referring exclusively to a romantic male-female relationship. But these kind of relationships are but a small subset of the grand total of relationships that we all have. Technically speaking, you have a relationship with every person you know: family members, co-workers, friends, roommates, neighbors, etc...

All these relationships impact our lives. All these relationships communicate love and acceptance (or not) to us. They all have the potential to be healthy or unhealthy. I think we need to expand our thoughts about "healthy relationships" to include this broader view of what a relationship is.

A thought: If you're not passionate about healthy relationships before you're married, you're not very likely to have healthy relationships after you're married. I hear that it only gets harder after marriage.

Will blog more later.

Mandamarie

Kathy B. said...

I agree, Amanda.

The main point of relating is person to person and I apoligize for not being clear on that fact.

But I've specifically wanted to talk about what these married women where referring to, a romantic relationship between a man and a woman.

When I was speaking to my friend about her own pesonal life, I saw that she was struggling with lies that the enemy was throwing at her, reasons why she may not be worthy to be loved. These are the lies that I'm passionate about women recognizing and being able to reject them and claim truth.