Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Job and job...isn't that funny?

So as a follow up to my last blog, I had a friend tell me to read Job. So this morning sitting in the parking lot of the pool, I read Job. I encourage all of you, ESPECIALLY if you are struggling in any way with tragedy, financial trouble or just about anything, read Job.

So to summarize Job, Job was a wealthy man with lots of kids, lots of land, lots of livestock, and alot of servants. Even God says about Job, he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. So basically, God and Satan were wagering a war over Job, Satan told God that if Job lost everything then surely he would curse God. So Satan destroyed all of Job's livestock, servants, and children. But Job did not react the way Satan said he would.

"At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worship 21 and said:
"Naked I came from my mother's womb,
and naked I will depart. [c]
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
may the name of the LORD be praised."

22 In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing." Job 1:20-22

He lost everything yet did he complain? NO, he praised God

Why then are we so quickly to be discouraged and lose sight of our love for God and our faith that he will provide our daily bread.

Ok, that's all I have time for today, Ali just woke up. But please read job and then lets discuss I love this topic.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Oh my gosh this verse is so relevant to me (well, us really). It's so easy to look around and see the world crumbling around us, when in actuality our problems that we need to rely on God to take care of.