Thursday, December 28, 2006

Psalms 1:1-2 Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. (NIV)

My prayer is to be like this, to continue to meditate on his word and seek him. We cannot do it alone. But nothing is too difficult for God.

I had a very powerful wakeup call this weekend, it's funny that it would have to happen at the church I grew up in. It's amazing how soon we can forget the meaning of the things we do, we take them for granted, they become routine and mundane.

I will not be conquered by discouragement or negativity. I will overcome.

The funny thing is I thought I missed Christmas this year. I was too busy and anxious and thought theres no way I can just sit and think about the birth of Jesus. But Jesus met me. He came to me in the only place I could be found. And it was powerful.

Peace fills our hearts when we take God at his word. The same passagI'veve read over and over for years and years that has become the cliche' has now become a life line to me. "Love...bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things." 1 Corinthians 13:7

...love is a choice, if you choose to love someone you have to abide by the laws of love to make it work. It's a good thing we have an instruction manual...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello friends, I usually don't leave comments on blogs but this was good stuff. Very simple yet profound and it has stuck with me. I am glad to hear you are doing well. I am excited for all the things going on in your lives as you prepare for even more transitions. Blessings,-Stacie