Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Party Hardy?

We tried...

In our attempts to build community, Alex and I tried to throw a holiday party and bring people into our home and love on them cause those are things we both deeply enjoy. Unfortunately our plan failed. The holidays are a hard time to plan anything, nobody ever seems to do exactly what they wanted to do on the holidays or go exactly where they wanted to go.

I will be honest we extremely disappointed that we aren't even on the list of places that people want to go or even on the lists of people to invite to things. But we will make good.
I'm not posting this as a pity party, or for you to feel sorry for us but I wanted to find a discreet way to express my disappointment.

It has been so hard since Alex moved out here in June, we haven't felt like we've found our niche. No one has reached out to Alex and we feel withdrawn and unconnected with people. We have tried various housegroups and nothing really fits with our schedules and with our personalities.

But on the plus side, our fabulous, wonderful friend Lis is coming over on Friday night and I'm gonna make a lovely holiday dinner and we'll do all sorts of chistmasy things and it will be loads of fun. I am very excited. We also tried a new church this Sunday, it was awesome, so close to our house and the people were so friendly, worship was awesome and we both got a lot out of the sermon. The pastor even called me yesterday to welcome us to the church. It was very refreshing. It's nice to feel wanted.

Right now I feel like we are just working to get to California, I know the reality is we probably won't be able to go until after our March celebration, just thinking logically. We both really miss our family and I know Alex really misses his friends.

...What are blogs for if they aren't to express emotions and opinions? Thank God for freedom of speech!

3 comments:

Stephanie Fosnight Regester said...

Hey girl! I'm sorry about the party ... I would totally and completely have loved to come. But it was the housegroup party night and we planned that about two months ago. And, of course, the housegroup party is for housegroup members only.

Anyway, I wanted you to know that I was very sorry I couldn't make it!

David Green said...

I, on the other hand, present no excuses. I'm sorry for failing you and your husband.

I should have been there for you and I wasn't. As they say in Korean "Mianhada Saranghanda" (I'm sorry, I love you).

PS I am not Korean, but somehow I know this information.

Lis said...

Hey, I had a great time at your party. Last night - Laura and I started to eat the Cadbury's.