Thursday, November 16, 2006

More on our Wedding

Ok, so my previous posts were kind of brief, so I want to go a little more in depth about our Vegas Wedding.
No, it wasn't my dream wedding. But it wasn't supposed to be. I wanted the most meaningful thing about that day to be that I married Alex Branning, not that I looked amazing (which I didn't), not that there where beautiful flowers everywhere, and not that we had a giant production.

We chose to have a small wedding with only our immediate families. It was incredibly meaningful, it wasn't pretty, this is why I don't have lots of pictures I want to share. The prettiness will come in March. But the pastor who officiated our wedding struck our hearts and even if I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt I still would have only noticed one thing, that Alex and I were being joined together in the presence of God. I was almost in shocked at how strong I felt God's presence there with us. As soon as I started walking down the aisle the tears started streaming and didn't stop until Alex kissed me. My vows came out almost at a whisper and before I knew it, we were married.

So, no. It wasn't the perfect wedding day, in the way that you would normally catergorize a perfect wedding. But to me it was the perfect wedding because I became Alex's wife on that day.

No comments: