Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Holidays



This Thanksgiving, my husband and I drove the 9 hours to Athens, Alabama to visit my dad. When we arrived the dinner was incomplete and my dad looked completely helpless and did not know what to do. I ended up cooking our thanksgiving dinner and it turned out great. Our Thanksgiving day was probably very similar to many other peoples, we drove a long distance, we watched football, and we ate probably more than we should have. I realized I was so caught in being anxious about Alex and my dad meeting and spending Thanksgiving with my two guys, I forgot to be thankful. This really disappoints me, Thanksgiving is usually my favorite holiday for many reasons, I love fall, the colors of the leaves, the weather, the family time, and most of all, a day where everyone can think about what they are most thankful about. So, a few days late, I'm posting my list.

Things I am thankful for this year;

  • God's mercy and continuous blessings in my life
  • Alex
  • My family (both old and new)
  • My friends who have stuck by me and have supported me even when I couldn't see it.
  • (with gritting teeth) my job.

This is just my condensed list.

I am looking forward to the rest of the holiday season and being able to really appreciate the meaning of Christmas. (On a side note, I just realized, I have been blogging since last December, it's almost been a year. Pretty crazy huh? If you'd like to checkout what I had to say last Christmas here's a link)

No comments: