Saturday, November 14, 2009

I am a victim of grace.

A victim of grace. That's intense. All of us are victims of grace. We don't ask for, we don't see it coming, we certainly don't deserve all of God's love and kindness, but he keeps pouring it out on us.

Instead of being a victim of evil, we need to see God's hand in it all and name ourselves a victim of grace. We need recognize the blessing of the gift of grace that comes so freely to each one of us,

"Dear sons and daughters,
I have it all figured out. Keep trusting me and stay tuned for coming attractions. Don't forget: You too are a victim of my grace.
Love,God."

Psalm 138:8 "The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me."

I want to hear your thoughts on this revelation. I'd love it if you wanna share an experience in your life that you knew without a doubt that you are a victim of grace.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Ok here's my 'victim' of grace story ;)

I was sitting at a Jewish dinner for Tu B'Shevat celebration. It is a celebration of the season and the trees. Anyway, the lady hosting it gives us all scripts that we will be reading through as we partake in elements throughout the dinner. She then explains that whatever we believe about God we can apply to this. So whether we believe in god the creator, god in the trees, god as a woman, whatever... everything is accepted here.

I looked around and saw all the people I was there with. Many very smart people. Many people with A LOT of faith... perhaps some with more faith then me. "Why do I get it, that Jesus is the only true God, and they don't?" I asked God. It's not because I am smarter or have more faith. Then it struck me... it's because God has chosen to give me grace... unmerited favor... that I did not ask for, nor was I looking for it, but it was given to me anyway ;)

Anonymous said...

"Stay tuned for coming attractions" was way funny!!

I am a victim of grace BECAUSE

-in the past one year, my life has changed from near death to refreshingly alive and breathing.
-i realize i have ALWAYS received ALL i ever asked for (when you feel God didn't hear you, he heard what you were saying in your innermost thoughts. If failure is what you thought, that is exactly what you got.)
-i have a loving, caring, blessed family that has stood with me, held my hand and helped me stand my ground.
-i read this story here! (smile)