Thursday, October 05, 2006

Here's the Story...

So, the past couple weeks a plan has been developing for me and Alex. It was solidified two days ago.

November 3rd., Alex and I are getting married in Vegas with our families!

Before you freak out, let me tell you the story. We prayed about it, talked to a bunch of really wise people and asked our parents opinions, they all gave us the thumbs up (to get married earlier), then Alex's mom came up with this idea, When we fly home Nov. 2nd we can all drive to Vegas as a family and get married. So this is what we are doing, we love the idea, we are still going to have something in march, weather it's a reception, a blessing of the union, or a renewal of the vows, we plan on meeting with pastor and discuss what our options are.

I am very happy about this decision, most of you know that I wasn't to thrilled about having a huge wedding to begin with, so now we get a small intimate family wedding and a big party with our friends. It's ultimately a good compromise for the both of us and we feel a lot of peace about our decision, in fact we are thrilled.

I got to get another dress, smaller, and a lot cheaper for this wedding but still beautiful, and I will still be wearing my big wedding dress in march. We are getting married in the church that Judy Garland got married in, you know how cool that is;).

Side note: We've spoken with our Pastor and he is also for us and said that we can have a blessing of the union in March so all of our friends here can come and celebrate with us. I would also like to Thank you all of you who have been supportive of Alex and my decisions thus far, I cannot express how much it has meant to us. We will continue to see our counselor as well as go to pre-marital counseling. I would also appreciate it if you all would keep us in your prayers for the next couple of months. We have received a couple of people's negativity and we want to really enjoy this place we are at and the fact that we have really, genuinely sought God about this and felt peace and blessed.

2 comments:

Michael Porter said...

"you go girl" (gosh that sounds cheesy but it is all I have now ;)

Julie said...

So sad that I wont be there for the wedding but you better believe I will be there for the blessings in March. I hope that your wedding is beautiful and full of love. I can't wait to see pictures. Love ya.