Tuesday, September 12, 2006

New Apartment

Well, we are moved in and almost completely unpacked in our new apartment. I think this has been the most eventful move I've ever had, and I've moved a lot.

My roommate and I have continuously had problems sleeping, partly due to the noise level coming from the apartment below us. We see some resolution to that problem coming soon. I think it's also probably the adjustment, just getting used to being in a new place, a new neighborhood, etc, etc... Soon, I will be adjusting to another new place, and then not long after that, another.

The funniest part of these events, in my opinion was not only a source of humor for me, but also an inconvenience.

For those who know me, you know that I have extremely small ears. Well when Amanda and I first moved into our apartment and heard the infamous noise she went out and bought ear plugs, I hate ear plugs, partly having to do with the fact that when I was young I had to have surgery on my ears and for the first six months after, everytime I swam, or even bathed I had to wear ear plugs. So finally the noise became too much and I buckled down and tried to wear a pair of ear plugs, no luck! My ears were to small, even the formable ones were too big. So I gave up.

After an entire weekend with almost no sleep and getting tired of having to call the cops, I went out and bought child size ear plugs, it was amazing, not only did they fit in y teeny ears but they provided me with the quiet to sleep soundly the entire night through. So all this to say, child size ear plugs for the win!

4 comments:

Alex said...

PS - I love your new apartment

Alex said...

Itsy bitsy ear plugs for the win!

Unknown said...

ear plugs are great... they save my hearing when I go to shows... :J

Stephanie Fosnight Regester said...

I had no idea that you had small ears! I feel like I never knew you...