Friday, September 15, 2006

Bride-to-Be

So, I think it's finally starting to sink in that I'm going to be a bride, partly because I found my dress. I found it and I'm ordering it on Monday! Whoo Hoo!

So here is the sagga of the wedding industry. Amazingly affordable dress + $$for alterations = not so affordable dress. So I'm sort of debating on what to do about that one. I guess we'll see when it comes in how much altering it needs. I can't believe everything they try to throw in, you walk in and you say, "I just want a dress." They say, "Oh, well you need these shoes, and this head piece, and this veil, and these alterations, and this slip, and this shawl, and this jewelry. Not to mention a rush charge(bogus!), alterations fee, etc." They could probably make a video game about what goes on in these places, I for one would probably enjoy playing it. Make it in and out of the bridal store without the sale ladies fannagling you into everything in the store. Sounds almost like it could be "The Sims-Wedding Edition". You could have all these codes to get the items cheaper than they sell them at the bridal shops. Maybe I'm just weird but that might just be a fun game.;)

Anyway, I feel a sense of relief and amazement. This is something that I honestly just didn't believe could, or would ever happen to me. For most of my life I even thought I didn't want it. I'm a bride, not a bridezilla, but a bride, who has a dress, flowers, church, and groom. In the words of a dear friend, "I am a babealicious bride." (Lis Stadler)

3 comments:

Alex said...

I *love* this post! Your game would be a winner for sure.

Oh, and in the last paragraph you forgot the word "lucky" - as in "bride who has a dress, flowers, church and *lucky* groom" ;)

I love you, my bride.

Stephanie Fosnight Regester said...

Hey, you babealicious bride! Someone was just telling me how you should *not* buy all that extra stuff at a bridal shop or even at a regular shop if you say it's for a wedding because they will charge you oh so much more. She would've been charged like $200 for the hat she wanted at a bridal shop but she found it at another for about $5. That sort of thing. Of course, you are good at all that bargain hunting, but I thought I'd pass on the tip!

It may also be cheaper to have the alterations done elsewhere. Margaret used to work at a small cleaners/alteration place and the woman is quite reasonable.

Unknown said...

maybe the game could be more like grand theft auto - then you could really stick it to 'em :J