Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I have a friend who has been such an encouragement to me, actually I have many friends who encourage me, but this one is special. He knows what God ask of him and he obeys no matter how risky it is. Even at such a young age, he knows that if God calls and he follows that call that it is for the good of the Lord. Sure he struggles with fear just like the rest of us, but he does not let fear take root in his heart.

I have been encouraged by his actions of faith and courage, it reveals to me the fear that I let stand in the way of even the smallest things that God desires of me. I want my will to morph in to what God's will is for me, no matter what that might be, easy or hard, scary or comfortable. I want to have faith that God desires good things for me and has good things for me and recognize all the ways God has blessed me already.

This friend of mine is about to stand in front of many people and stand up for what he believes in and be judged and discouraged and I just pray that God shows him favor for being obedient to the call.

"12Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." 1 Timothy 4:12

3 comments:

Alex said...

This blog was such a blessing to me. Thanks for your encouragement and your support.

Miss you...

David Green said...

I am not that friend you speak of, but I still wanted to leave you a comment.

Comment.

David Green said...

But what really drives me crazy in life is that it says my last comment was posted at 8:31AM.

There's no bloody way I would be do anything on the internet (besides work) that early in the morning. Silly west coast web servers.