Thursday, December 15, 2005

His Grace

I went to see ‘The Chronicles of Narnia’ yesterday. I really wanted to write about what this story means to me. I love C.S. Lewis as an author and how he can really get you to understand the love of Christ. I, along with many others have eagerly awaited the opening of this film.

The film grabbed my emotions and took them on a journey that I can’t quite put to words. The San Francisco Chronicles said it best when they stated “…rather than reduce the novel to a fairy tale, they take up Lewis’ challenge and make a film that deals with the spiritual underpinnings of existence…”

Now, I don’t want to give the movie more credit than it deserves and the reason I say this is not to put the movie down, I want to drive home the point of the story. Ultimate Sacrifice! That’s the bottom line. What greater gift than for a man (or a lion) to lay down his life for another. Every time I crack open those books or watch the cheesy BBC version I lose it, tears start to flow and I’m overwhelmed by the love and the grace, and the acceptance, and the forgiveness, and the mercy. It’s all there, paid for by the blood of Christ.

The story also does a good job of reminding me that I don’t deserve those gifts by anything I’ve done but only by the blood of Jesus. A couple more things, I wished someone else did the voice of Aslan and I’m eager to see how they do ‘The Magician’s Nephew’. If you don’t know the story, go get the book. It’s about the beginning of Narnia. AMAZING!

No comments: